LED/HID questions

The-Boomers : Properties Forum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ire4255 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

flinnlarabell
    Participant

I have the standard halogens in mine (no fog lights sadly) bit they seem dim. I’ve cleaned the lenses & replaced the bulbs, but they just don’t seem as bright as they should be. Would you/did you swap bulbs for LED?

Just looking for suggestions here. LED suppliers seem to not carry things in spec for my pickup & I really don’t want to get something that lights up everything for me but blinds oncoming drivers for a half mile or so.

CarolMoors
    Participant

The bulb type should be matched to the optical design of the housing because different bulbs have different emission patterns. Incandescent halogen and Xenon HID bulbs emit light equally in all directions (isotropic), which have a complex Fresnel lens and reflector. Also, the housing for Xenon are designed to filter out UV light. LEDs display a divergent cone, which do not colliminate well with a housing for halogen bulbs. So, if you want to take the LED route, it would be best IMHO to find specialized bulbs for OEM housings or a kit with s bulb and housing.

deavilkolip
    Participant

I replaced all the halogen lamps I had somewhere a long time ago. They waste too much energy. In addition, we need to change halogen lamps need too often. So, after using LED lights, I realized that I really liked the white daylight in all the rooms of my house. My kids and wife liked the smart light bulbs I bought at a discount. After connecting these bulbs in our house, I began studying more about them and found that I could even put them in car headlights and fog lamps. So I quickly ordered four bulbs for all my car’s headlights. I had trouble connecting because I’ve never done this with smart bulbs. But everything went smoothly, and now I can turn off my lamps or turn them on even through my phone.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  deavilkolip.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  deavilkolip.

ire4255
    Participant

If you have a family or are planning to start one soon,Autumn Lakes provides a family-friendly environment.The neighborhood is often filled with children playing outdoors,and there may be amenities like playgrounds autumn lakes grimesland nc spots,parks,sidewalks,and bike lanes that cater to families’ needs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.